- A single strand extracted from the infinite tangle of reality
- A language for the description of time
- A tool to show that reality has a direction
- A tool to show that reality doesn't have a direction
- An argument to be pitched against other narratives
And many other things besides. Please feel free to add your suggestions for what it is. I'd love to read them.
It seems that using narrative is one of the things that characterises human beings. But, paradoxically, to be a prisoner of narrative risks us behaving in the most inhuman way.