Friday, February 06, 2009

Writers' e-mail forum

The snow closed the Adult Education College in Leicester last night. Since that is where Leicester Writers' Club gathers on Thursdays, our meeting had to be cancelled. However, club members are a keen bunch of people, so contrived a way of meeting 'virtually' through our e-mail forum.

Between 7pm and 9pm last night, a bunch of us 'gathered' around our own individual computers in our own individual homes and set about the usual business of our manuscript meetings. We posted chapters or poems or whatever we had been working on. The text was then delivered to each others' e-mail. We read and then commented - in more e-mails.

The upshot of this was, we had a couple of hours of reading and typing responses. My estimate is that I received around 100 e-mails in that time.

One of the members of my Monday night novel writing class has pointed out that these blog entries and comments on them are credited as having been posted at odd times of the day. Something to do with time zones, I think. I'll have a look at my blogspot settings and see if I can remedy that. But for the record, this is being posted at 10.20 in the morning, or there abouts. GMT, that is.

1 comment:

Rod Duncan said...

I think I have tracked down the problem. We will see...

This comment is being posted just a couple of minutes after the main article - 10.20 something (am)

Followers