Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blogging on the Move.

I have a packed day ahead of me, so apologies in advance, that this blog entry will be necessarily brief.

This morning I intend to get some writing done on the White Angel sequel. Then in the afternoon, I'm off to meet up with Ivory to share what I've written and get more input from her. I expect we'll find a table in Cafe Nero or the Cafe in Waterstones and shock people who walk past by talking about different ways of killing people. It's fiction, OK?

Then I'm off hurrying across town to the wonderful Turkey Cafe for a meeting of the Leicester Writers' Club committee. The club keeps a busy schedule of competitions, speaker evenings, performance events and manuscript workshops through the year. All of it needs organising. So there we are. And I'm secretary at the moment. I don't usually enjoy taking minutes, but the people are so bright, kind and creative to be with that it turns administration into something of a pleasure.

And finally - on this whistle-stop tour of my day - a manuscript evening at the club itself. We'll be meeting in the Adult Education College on Wellington Street as usual.

Tomorrow 16 of us from the club are heading down to the Cotswolds for a weekend of writing workshops. If we have Internet access, I'll be blogging from the old manor house in which we'll be staying. I hope to have time to produce a few more thoughtful articles than this one - stimulated by input during the weekend.

Middle Stanley Farm, Cotswolds

4 comments:

Ms A said...

Wow - am very jealous of your weekend in a manor house. Just what I could do with right now. Give my regards to all at LWC. I had a lovely time and enjoyed listening to the writing there that time I came. I'd be back if I lived a bit closer...

Rod Duncan said...

Thanks Niki. I'll pass your greetings on. I have to say, I am REALLY looking forward to the weekend. LWC has been going there for several years. I've managed to go most of those times.

It is very different from the usual writing course type event. There is time for conversations, time to be with creative people. I always end up learning - though it is hard to put a finger on exactly what. Learning by osmosis, perhaps?

Anyway - my firm intention is to blog when I am there - so perhaps I can share a flavour of it.

Katy said...

Yep, green eyes from this direction too, Rod. Have a wonderful time and am looking forward to reading all about it.

iPixel Studios said...

Lovely blog you have here

Followers